Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Planet Blue is looking for a Payroll & Benefits Administrator who will be responsible for managing our company's employee compensation and benefits system. Among the duties of the payroll and benefits administrator are ensuring the smooth operation of employee payment and explaining and implementing employees' benefits packages. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator maintains, updates and provides information, data, and explanation regarding benefit plans and worker's compensation. Additional duties may involve supplying employees with manuals, booklets, forms, provider information, and any other relevant information regarding benefits. This administrator helps process leave requests from employees, background and reference checks for new candidates, and orientation to new employees.
This position reports to Vice President of Finance & Accounting, with close collaboration with Director of Human Resources.
- Bi-weekly, hourly and salary payroll processing and filing for 200 employees across seven states in compliance with state and federal laws and standards
- Processing all employee changes, additional payments, and final payments
- Collecting new hire paperwork, employee profiles, and all support documents
- Performing year-end payroll functions to support processing of year-end tasks
- Weekly monitoring of electronic timesheets using Time & Attendance
- Weekly auditing of payroll inputting reports and registers to ensure accuracy
- Managing regular communication and education of employees about their benefits
- Conducting open enrollment educational sessions for all benefit plans
- Maintaining all leave-related forms, employee balances, audits, files, including PTO, short and long-term disability forms, FMLA, etc. Conducting return to work meetings.
- Administering benefits program, facilitating employee enrollment, status changes, terminations
- Act as liaison between the insurance provider and employees
- Other HR accounting duties as assigned
- Performing all duties with integrity, accuracy, timeliness and customer-service orientation
- Three to five years of relevant payroll administration experience
- Excellent skills using MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in automated systems and online portals related to bookkeeping, accounting, HR, payroll and benefits
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Customer service orientation in servicing employees as your clients