Accessibility Statement for https://shopplanetblue.com
Planet Blue is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Live 24/7 Accessibility Support
- If you are having any issues using this website, we want to help you achieve what you came to do. A live agent is standing by, ready to take your toll-free call and help resolve your issue together. Call (877) 969-1986 to talk now.
- If you prefer to provide feedback by email, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to specify the web page so we can look into making that page accessible for you. We greatly value your questions and comments.
Measures to Support Accessibility
Planet Blue takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of https://shopplanetblue.com
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.WEBSITE_NAME is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
- Visitor address: 1653 12th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Postal address: 1653 12th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Twitter: @shopplanetblue; Instagram: @shopplanetblue
We try to respond to feedback within 1 business day.
Accessibility of https://shopplanetblue.com relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and Alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of https://shopplanetblue.com, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations and the solutions we are employing to address them. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for https://shopplanetblue.com with remediation step being taken:
- Planet Blue logo (footer) lacks ALT text
o Remediation: add altX"Planet blue"
- Planet blue subscribe error messages leverage color only to communicate their importance.
o Remediation: deploy alternative modalities such as iconography to provide additional cues.
- "View all results for:" overlay (associated with search) cannot be dismissed easily - or at all via keyboard.
o Remediation: ESC key should allow users to dismiss overlay. Overlay should not remain in a fixed position, especially as users scroll.
- All page content must be contained by landmarks: * #mobile-menu * .container > p * .u-pos-rel > h6 * .ajax-cart__empty-message > p
o Remediation: Ensure all content is contained within landmarks
- Clothing size chart is not marked up in an accessible manner
o Remediation: Add table caption and column headers (TH) across the top and left hand rows
- Default focus styles are leveraged across the site but may not provide adequate contrast
o Remediation: Implement custom, high contrast focus styles for all interactive elements
- Duplicate <h1> headings onhttps://shopplanetblue.com/collections/boho-clothing: * Clothing (appropriate) * Dresses (duplicate) 2) Levels skip H1 -> H6, Change subnav headings H5, 3) Blank heading: div.footer-block h3
o Remediation: Change Dresses heading to h2 2) H6 footer headings - change to h3, Change subnav headings to H2, 3) Add text node to heading or remove altogether
- Email address and phone number fields lack autocomplete attributes
o Remediation: Add the following autocomplete attributes: * Email: autocompleteX"email"
- Email address and Search Reviews field lack autocomplete attributes
o Remediation: Add the following autocomplete attributes: * Email: autocompleteX"email" * Search Reviews: autocompleteX"off"
- Error messaging for the following fields are not automatically surfaced to the screen reader: * Email address * Help form fields
o Remediation: Leverage aria-live regions with error messages to notify screen readers when important messages are presented
- FAQ expand icon (+) has insufficient contrast in two different areas: * green button edging against white: 1.7:1 * white plus symbol against green button background: 1.6:1
o Remediation: Ensure all aspects of the button has a minimum color contrast of 3:1
- Fixed header takes up significant portion of the viewport during browser zoom
o Remediation: Fixed headers will be reduced or eliminated
- "Free shipping to Canada..." area introduces horizontal scrolling instead of simply wrapping the content
o Remediation: Introduce text wrapping within that container to avoid horizontal scrolling
- Input fields for main search and email address do not have programmatically associated labels
o Remediation: Add labels
- Levels skip H1 -> H6 , H5 (subnav headings) 2) Blank heading: div.footer-block h3 onhttps://shopplanetblue.com/pages/faq
o Remediation: 1) Change subnav headings to H2, H6 footer headings - change to h3 2) Add text node to heading or remove altogether
- Levels skip H1 -> H6 , H5 (subnav headings) 2) Blank heading: div.footer-block h3 onhttps://shopplanetblue.com/products/giftwizard-giftcard
o Remediation: Change Clothing Size Chart heading to h2, H6 footer headings - change to h3, Change subnav headings to H2, 2) Add text node to heading or remove altogether
- Levels skip H1 -> H6, subnav headings H5 2) Blank heading: div.footer-block h3 onhttps://shopplanetblue.com/collections/swimwear/products/
o Remediation: H6 footer headings - change to h3, Change subnav headings to H2, 2) Add text node to heading or remove altogether
- Levels skip. H1 > H3, H3 > H6, subnav headings H5 2) Blank heading: div.footer-block h3 onhttps://shopplanetblue.com/pages/size-guide
o Remediation: 1) Change Clothing Size Chart heading to h2, H6 footer headings - change to h3, Change subnav headings to H2, 2) Add text node to heading or remove altogether
- Links must have discernible text: * a.drawer__close * a.header-logo * a[href$="cart"] * .header-search__close * .ajax-cart__close * .product-link-wrapper * .is-boxes.slider-image * .ytp-title-link
o Remediation: Ensure links have accessible name
- Redundant TITLE attributes where text nodes already exist: * Social media icons * Log in or Register
o Remediation: Remove redundant attributes
- Message "Free shipping to..." at top of the screen is clipped and requires the user to drag and scroll to read the remainder of the message
o Remediation: Wrap text
- Missing <h1>.
o Remediation: Identify a single <h1> that is first heading and subset of page title. H1 elements hidden via CSS display:none property.
- Levels skip
o Remediation: Place levels in logical order for structured navigation, no skipping levels.
- Empty headings
o Remediation: Headings cannot be empty. Append text node or remove element altogether
- Mobile menu items receive keyboard focus before the menu is exposed; Sub nav items receive focus before sub nav is exposed
o Remediation: Elements that are not presented on screen should not receive keyboard focus
- Product images lack ALT text
o Remediation: Add empty ALT text - altX"" to all product images
- Site search input lacks <label>: .minimal-input-box__input; Email address field lacks <label>
o Remediation: Add programmatically associated <label>s
- checkbox is not accessible, leverages ARIA, missing aria-checked state, does not receive keyboard focus due to lack of tabindex
o Remediation: Use native form control <input typeX"checkbox"> instead of span with ARIA
- The following elements do not receive keyboard focus and are therefore inoperable through that modality: * country switcher (flag) * Carousel arrow controls (Best Sellers feature) * Shop now / product thumbnails, main navigation submenus cannot be activated via on keyboard focus, “I agree” checkbox does not receive keyboard focus
o Remediation: Ensure all interactive content is operable via keyboard; Ensure element ideally leverages a native input element for this control, otherwise add tabindexX"0" to facilitate focus
- Elements have inadequate color contrast
o Remediation: Ensure minimum contrast ratios for content: 3:1 for large text and 4.5:1 are achieved
- UI elements have insufficient contrast
o Remediation: Ensure UI elements maintain at least a minimum contrast ratio of 3:1 against their background
Planet Blue assessed the accessibility of https://shopplanetblue.com by the following approaches:
- External evaluation completed July 24, 2019
- The engagement with BoIA was entered into on May 28, 2019. The testing period ofhttps://shopplanetblue.com was completed on July 24, 2019. Applicable remediation required for WCAG 2.1 A/AA compliance will be scheduled for completion and release no later than September 1, 2019.
- Planet Blue user experience and customer service team members will complete courses in "Accessibility Best Practices" and "Introduction to Mobile Accessibility" on an annual basis.
- BoIA will conduct a quarterly website accessibility review each quarter to identify and discuss any obstacles or difficulties thathttps://shopplanetblue.com may be experiencing in achieving accessibility.
- Ad Hoc testing of specific pages or features will be conducted as necessary to validate the proper implementation of specific accessibility requirements. The testing has the flexibility to range from specific assistive technology testing to creation and testing of use cases.
Formal Approval of this Accessibility Statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
SVP Marketing & Digital Commerce
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the SVP Marketing & Digital Commerce should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.